Disability Experts of Florida's Blog

Can Wounded Warriors Get Disability Benefits from the SSA?

Posted by Scott Flexer

Did you know that as a wounded warrior, you can get your disability claim expedited through Social Security? This means that if you were a military service member who became disabled while on active military duty “on or after October 1, 2001,” you are eligible for this expedited service from the Social Security Administration (SSA). This is separate from the Department of Veterans Affairs, so that means you must complete a separate application to be considered.

Read More
0 Comments | View Comments

Topics: wounded warriors

Stay informed of changes and new policies that can affect your disability benefits!